Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day:

[photo]

Happy Valentine's Day. What are your plans? Today, the only thing we celebrate is my parents' anniversary (which is pretty important anyway because I wouldn't be here without it). We don't celebrate Valentine's Day in the traditional sense. There are no gifts, no candy, no balloons, no mushy cards, or elaborate displays of affection. We celebrate it by being ourselves and doing what we normally do: homework, reading of books, knitting, cooking together. Every day we work hard to show love and support to each other. To make each other feel valued and appreciated. Every day is Valentine's Day at our house. So I don't need a present. I just need to be with my husband, cuddling under blankets, eating tacos, and laughing at The Big Bang Theory. That's the happiest I could possibly be. 

So if you celebrate today, then have a very happy Valentine's Day. I hope it's exactly what you wanted it to be.

And Happy Anniversary, Mom & Dad! I'm so glad you met and fell in love. 

No comments: