Monday, March 19, 2012

Letters of Note:

[photo]

I love reading. Books, magazines, signs, cereal boxes, instructions. Especially letters. I love letters. And I really love letters that have been written by some of my favorite authors. These letters are usually so eloquent, so beautifully written, that it makes me want to cry. There's just something so personal about these letters, I feel like I know these people, like I understand them a little more, just by reading their correspondence. These letters are far more clever and witty than I could ever hope to be, even by letter. I find it incredibly interesting. And so I am in love with Letters of Note, a website that posts letters written by famous people, usually authors.

I am particularly enjoying the letters of Abigail Adams (wife of John Adams), John Steinbeck's letter to his son, and E.B. White's letter war with Xerox. Such smart people. Such great treasures. Check them out here.

No comments: