Monday, April 20, 2015

Kid's clothes week -- day one:


This week is kid's clothes week! I've been eagerly anticipating this day. I've spent way too many hours deciding what I should make this week. I spent far too long than is acceptable browsing fabric. I had grand ideas of what I would make for little baby M but sometimes what you imagine just isn't completely possible. Sure, I could make lots of fun, really cute, detailed garments for him but (a) I don't have hours and hours of free time to devote to sewing and (b) if I made something fancy, I probably wouldn't dress him in it anyway for fear of messing it up. He's growing so fast these days, he'd probably never even wear it before he outgrew it. What he needs are casual, comfortable pieces that he can wear every day. Simple and practical.

So, here's what we're going to be creating this week:

  • 2 pairs of leggings
  • 2 shirts
I'm also going to be working on an outfit for a friend's little girl. 

Here's a sneak peak of the fabric I'll be using:




Stay tuned for more Kid's Clothes Week! Can't wait to share our creations with you! Want to participate? There's still time to join! Go here for more info.



No comments: