Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Here I am:

I've been around, just not on here. I went to a funeral in Texas with my dad yesterday (we drove there and back, over 10 hours, in one day) and even though I tried to catch up on my sleep last night, I was still feeling it all day today. Felt a bit like a zombie at work this afternoon. So I'm going to call it a night early. But before I do, I just thought I'd share a few things that I've found from around the internet:

[from here]




Can't exactly remember where that last picture is from, but isn't it amazing?! A house made of trailers. A redneck mansion, if you will. I want to go to there.

After I bounce back a little from the craziness that has been the first half of this week, I'll be back here to share more including a concert, some recent purchases, my latest read, and some really big news!

Oh and my foot is better. The doctor diagnosed it as plantar fasciitis caused by walking long distances in shoes that did not offer enough arch support. He gave me some anti-inflammatory medication and that, in combination with wearing better shoes, has really helped. I've actually been able to put weight back on my foot. And walking is no longer an issue. So hopefully in the next week or so I'll be back to running, swimming, and riding my bike. 

And check out these shoes:


I know it's a little too early to be thinking of cold weather footwear (it was almost 100 degrees today) but these Frye boots are amazing and at $348, more than a little expensive. But maybe if I start saving now, by the time it gets cold, they can be mine. I've been after a pair of boots like this for a few years now and I figure at this point, I deserve them. Maybe Piperlime will have a deal sometime soon.

No comments: