Monday, August 13, 2012

Olympic Recap:

The Olympics are over. I'm not going to lie, I'm both a little depressed and a little happy to see them over and done with. On the one hand, I live for the Olympics and having to wait until 2016 to see them again severely bums me out. But on the other, I have been so sleep deprived for the last two weeks, staying up way past my bedtime and getting up so early for morning runs before work, the end of the Olympics means that I am happy to be able to catch up on my sleep and get back into my normal routine. And because I've been parking myself in front of the television every night for 17 days means that I haven't had time to do much else. I've fallen behind on pretty much everything: running, reading, finishing craft projects, laundry, and not eating junk food. It's embarrassing, really. And so while I'm sad to see the Olympics go, for my (and Andrew's) well-being, it's probably a good thing.

To celebrate these amazing games, here are my favorite highlights:




Fab Five goes gold

Gabby Douglas wins the all-around gold

Aly Raisman gets the gold on floor

Missy Franklin nabs 5 medals (4 gold, one bronze)

Michael Phelps ends career with 22 Olympic medals

Misty May and Kerry Walsh 3-peat for the gold in an all-american final 

Allyson Felix gets the gold in the 200

Sanya Richards-Ross wins gold in the 400
There were so many great Olympic moments for Team USA. We pretty much just went out there and killed it. Especially the ladies. I think the best story of these Olympics was how successful the women were. And not just the US -- women from all around the world were getting it done in London. So, forget about 2012 being the year of the dragon. This is the year of the woman.















No comments: