Friday, March 14, 2014

Happy weekend:

[photo]
Happy Friday, friends! So glad another weekend is upon us! Two glorious days of sleeping in, eating, and lounging about. What are you going to do with them? This is our last weekend before the big move (we close in 7 days!) and I've been trying to stay on top of things by packing a box or two every night for the past few weeks. I've definitely made some progress in the packing department but not nearly as much as I'd like. I'm not moving as quickly these days and my back starts hurting if I do too much so there's still a lot (too much, in my opinion) that needs to be done. I'm afraid much of our weekend will be spent boxing up those last minute things. I'd also like to finish sewing the last of those crib sheets but since there's a very good possibility that my sewing machine will be in a box by that point, it isn't looking likely to happen. Maybe my very sweet mama will let me use her's.

Here's a peek into our lives over the past week:
  1. I started a new knitting project -- a lovely blanket for little M.
  2. Since I'm not able to run these days, I'm serving as a leader for the walking group in this year's Women Run Arkansas NLR clinic. I get to encourage the other ladies and having the accountability to make me get off my butt and get outside has been nice.
  3. We met with our mortgage guy just to make sure everything is going according to plan -- having the assurance has been great for my peace of mind.
  4. We had another doctor appointment this week. It was the one where you have to drink that really disgusting syrupy drink to test for gestational diabetes. The good news: everything's right on schedule and so far, no problems! We celebrated by eating lots of dessert!
  5. Tillie has been acting very strange lately. I think all the boxes and stuff everywhere is very unsettling for her so we've been extra careful to give her lots of hugs and snuggles this week.
Have a great weekend, everyone! Hope the weather is perfect for all your outdoor adventures!

No comments: