Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Let's shop:

It's about time for another installment of Let's Shop. But are you ready for this? Because today we are shopping for appliances. That's right, namely, washers and dryers -- because I'm a real life grown up now and this is my life.


These days instead of shopping for clothes and shoes (okay, in addition to is probably a more accurate statement), I spend my free time researching appliances: prices, reviews, and specs. When we move into the new house, we will be in the market for a new washer and dryer. The ones we had in our apartment are about 90 years old and the washer needs a new belt. So rather than pay money for someone to come and fix it, which at this point, is just a temporary band-aid job, really, we've decided to go ahead and buy new. 

So every night, our dinner conversations have revolved around which models we like and why, and what deals we've spotted online. Because as of today, our search has existed purely on the internet. But Lowe's is currently having an appliance sale so it looks like this weekend, we will be going out and getting ourselves a housewarming gift: a washer and dryer (and a fridge too, but more on that later).

Is it weird that I get just as excited about a new washer as I do about a new purse? I guess that's adulthood for you.

No comments: