Monday, May 17, 2010

This is what's new



















So last summer, this fish planter appeared on the shelves of Pier One and I was instantly smitten. My mom went back to get it for me as a secret surprise (I later found out) but it was gone. And then I was browsing the other day and I stumbled up this adorable planter again. Well today my mom and I went to see what new things they had in (and check out the clearance shelf of course) and there he was -- only one left and in the blue color I wanted! So mom got him for me as a belated surprise and I am thrilled to report that he is sitting in our living room holding our umbrellas until the day he can sit on our front porch with bright red geraniums in his mouth. 























And then I spotted this beautiful bright red metal chair. And if I had $80 laying around, it totally would have gone home with me. But I bet you could find something similar to this at a garage sale or flea market for a lot cheaper and spray paint it a glossy red. Maybe I should be on the hunt for one. Or four.























Oh and my mom finally cut off the curtain that Tillie put a hole in at our old apartment and it's now hanging on our window. Its perfect -- lets light in without waking me up.
And check out our facebook album, "Best Day Ever", in case you missed it to see what we did this weekend. Here's a sneak peak:



No comments: