Thursday, June 16, 2011

Bracelets:



The bracelets on my arm seem to keep piling up these days. And the best part is that they are all from some great trip or have special meaning:

  1. Italy 2011 – my friend Kat went to Florence this past spring and brought back bracelets for the Order (sort of a tradition with us – more on that later).
  2. From Lauren’s (also part of the Order) shoelace project – a project designed to bring awareness to the plight of the North Korean people. Needless to say I’m very proud of her and supportive of her passion for others.
  3. Ireland 2009 – the bracelet I brought home from our adventures in Ireland for the Order.
  4. A piece of our tent. While camping last summer, our tent broke. Andrew fixed it and with the remaining bungee cord from one of the poles, fashioned this bracelet for me. It reminds me of the camping trips we took while we were dating and makes me happy whenever I look at it.

No comments: