Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sunday morning:

We tried to ride our bikes last night but it rained so instead, we stayed in, ate Ben & Jerry's, and played board games. And this trailer came on the TV while we were playing:



It's hard to believe it's almost over. I remember going to see the first movie in theaters. I was 16 and with a high school boyfriend. And now here we are, 10 years later, about to finish the story. So much has happened in between. So many milestones, so much history. I feel, in a way, that I have grown up with Harry Potter. I can measure my life by the release of each movie. It is a huge part of my friendship with the Order. We bonded over reading those books as nerdy teenagers. We looked forward to each movie so much that there are entire pages in my scrapbook dedicated to them. I'm a more than a little bit sad to see them finished. They are the only movies that A and I pay to see anymore. After July, we will never go to the theater ever again. And even if we do, it won't be the same. I feel like something big is ending. And I hate change.

I've also been looking at baskets for the front of my bike. I'm thinking this Nantucket/Tom Nevers one might fit the bill nicely:


No comments: