Thursday, July 5, 2012

New Reads:


This week's book is All He Ever Wanted by Anita Shreve. I've heard a lot of positive things about this book, mostly from reader reviews on Amazon. And I've read one other book by Ms. Shreve, one that I stumbled upon on my parents' bookshelf one summer when I was home from college. I like how her writing is sort of emo. So, when I saw this book at the library used book sale, I snatched it up for $1. 

It goes like this:

"Etna Bliss has just moved to the New England town where her uncle teaches college when her life is transformed in a single stroke. She is dining in a hotel downtown when a fire forces her to escape to the snowy streets outside. Amid the smoke and chaos of that night she is glimpsed, standing under a streetlight, by a man who was dining in the same room - a man who is so overwhelmed by the sight of her that he rebuilds his life around a single goal: to marry Etna Bliss. That man is Nicholas Van Tassel, and All He Ever Wanted is his account of how two lives changed from that tumultuous night forward. A proud and orderly man, Van Tassel is ill equipped to deal with the ferocity of love. But he is determined to have Etna, no matter what the cost."



No comments: