Monday, January 27, 2014

Skincare:

If you know me, you know I have an obsession with the dermatologist. Well, since the whole baby thing, my relationship with my dermatologist has changed. Partly it's his lack of being able to prescribe me the right products (chemicals, boo!). Partly it's my desire to simplify my routine and use only quality, natural products. Regardless, these days my go-to products are much different:



Here's the breakdown:

Night:
  1. Bioderma Crealine H20 micelle solution -- always and forever my favorite makeup remover. Sometimes I don't even wash my face after using it. It's that good.
  2. Dr. Bronner's Baby Mild Liquid Castile Soap -- um, have you tried this stuff? It is amazing. We literally use it for everything from cleaning the bathroom to showering. There are a lot of different versions but we use the baby mild because it's good for sensitive skin. I wash my face with it in the shower every night and I swear I break out less. We get the 32 oz. and it lasts forever.
  3. Paula's Choice Resist Super Antioxidant Serum -- I love Paula's Choice products but have slowly stopped using them as I've found things that I feel work better for my skin and are cheaper. I keep coming back to this stuff, though. It feels so nice and I have yet to find anything I like better.
  4. Say Yes to Grapefruit Dark Circle Correcting Eye Cream -- When I can remember to use this, I do. To be honest though, it isn't very often. I really like it, just not sure if it's doing any good with my sporadic use.
  5. Pure Rosehip Seed Oil -- I use this as a moisturizer. Just a few drops pressed into the skin after cleansing make my face feel hydrated and clean.
  6. Vegan prenatal multivitamin --  these aren't horrible to swallow, don't make me sick, and bonus: my hair and nails look awesome. I am convinced it's trying its hardest to improve my skin but the battle against hormonal acne seems pretty uphill these days.
Day:
  1. Boots Expert Sensitive Gentle Smoothing Scrub -- I love this scrub. The exfoliating beads are round so it does a good job of cleaning my skin while still being really gentle. I use it every morning.
  2. Kiss My Face Face Factor moisturizer -- I've been searching for the perfect daily moisturizer with SPF for years. I have used and loved both Blue Lizard and Josie Maran in the past but the Blue Lizard isn't available in our area (I have to order it online) and the Josie Maran is being discontinued (or so I hear). So I tried this as an alternative and have really been enjoying it. It's good for my dry skin and I feel good knowing I'm protecting against sun damage and free radicals. Plus, I can pick it up locally.


No comments: