Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy weekend:

[photo]
Happy Friday, friends. I cannot express just how glad I am to see this week finished. Surviving it has proved to be a real test of character for me. But here we are at the week's end and we're all still standing. So, well done me.

What are you doing this weekend? Anything fun? We are doing some house hunting and watching the Olympics. I have been in the mood to do some baking, so that will probably happen at some point as well.

Here's a little of what we've been up to lately:
  1. We've been looking at lots of houses lately. We've found a few that are on our "short list" so hopefully we will make a decision soon!
  2. We've been glued to the television during the Olympics. I had forgotten how sleep deprived I get from staying up late to catch all the action. It's two weeks of rough mornings.
  3. I had an out-of-town meeting this week. A long car ride + sleeping in a strange hotel room alone is not a combination that makes me very happy. I'm just glad it's over.
  4. Root beer floats have been my best friends for the past couple of weeks. And cookies! I know they say you crave sweets if you're having a girl but this little babe is most definitely a boy with a major sweet tooth.
  5. We celebrated our dating anniversary this week! 9 years! Hard to believe we aren't sick of each other yet.
Have a great one, everyone. They say the weather is supposed to be beautiful this weekend but I've been burnt by the weatherman as of recent so I'm not inclined to believe anything he says. We'll just have to wait and see.

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! And happy anniversary, Mom and Dad!

No comments: