Friday, August 15, 2014

Happy weekend:

[photo]
Happy Friday, friends! It feels good to be back in the swing of things. What are you up to this weekend? I start back to work on Monday and as much as I'm looking forward to being around adults again, I feel a little sick to my stomach about leaving my little guy. So our weekend will be spent cuddling a sweet baby. Juggling a full-time job and a kid is going to be a lot tougher than I anticipated.

Here's a little of what we've been up to lately:
  1. Our birth announcements have finally come back from the printer! We will be working to get those out soon so look for one coming to a mailbox near you.
  2. I recently got a really helpful book on lawn and garden care and have been pouring over it to absorb as much information as possible. I will spend this fall/winter coming up with a plan of attack for our yard so come spring, we can hit the ground running.
  3. I have pretty much become obsessed with cloth diapering. It's a sickness. And after looking at some of the ones that ladies make and sell, I'm convinced I can put my sewing skills to work to make some myself. Who knows, maybe I'll make a name for myself in the cloth diapering industry.
  4. Since my return to work is imminent, I've been trying to figure out the whole postpartum work wardrobe thing. I'm pretty sure they won't let me wear yoga pants and a t-shirt to work every day.
  5. We're getting ready to start phase one of the kitchen remodel. It's really just some improvements to make it livable until we can do the actual remodel but I'm excited to pick out paint colors and everything. Since this phase is only temporary I've decided to not play it safe and experiment with bright colors. Why not, right?
Tomorrow I'm running my first race since last October. It's a 5k to support the Arkansas Breastfeeding Coalition. I'm happy to get back to the racing scene and support a great cause. It will be baby M's first race as well! Wish us luck!

Have a great weekend, everyone! XO.

1 comment:

Katherine Grant said...

If you figure out the making cloth dippers thing, we would love to support you in making a name for yourself ;)