Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Mini makeover:

My maternity leave days are almost over. And all the things I wanted to get done around the house still haven't happened. So, in an attempt to help myself not feel like a huge failure, I decided to tackle some of the small improvements I had planned with the days I have left. One of the things on my list was to give the front door a makeover.


Since we moved in, our door has been, well, pretty basic. Completely unremarkable. I felt like it was a wasted opportunity. Plus, I have always hated that gold doorknob.


So last week I picked out a color (Valspar's La Fonda Teal), some new fixtures, and got to it. It only took me two naps (the way I measure time now) to complete. 


We are very happy with how it turned out. I love the color. It pops against the white trim and compliments the red brick. And those oil-rubbed bronze doorknob and knocker? In love. Just don't pay any attention to those awful holly bushes in the front. They are the next thing to tackle on my list.


No comments: