Monday, September 27, 2010

A case of the Mondays.


[picture here]

Undergoing some major changes. Purging my life of anything extraneous.
Have been struggling with getting rid of facebook for a few months now. I've grown to really hate it. But, for the connections that it provides me with people from my past (those I still desire to be in contact with, that is), I'm keeping it. And if you're one of those people, know that you are the only reason it's still around. I did cut back drastically. Got rid of almost all pictures. So if you're looking for any of my pictures, you can check out our Flickr photo stream here.

Here is something you should know about me: almost my entire life I have lived in fear that if I share something that I really love, certain people in my life will like it too. And then it will be ruined for me. I know sharing something with someone should double my joy, but there are those certain people that I have tried my entire life to set myself apart from. And so if they express an interest in something, anything -- a book, a band, a song, a food, an artist, ANYTHING -- I have to cut it out of my life. Completely. And I develop a (perhaps) irrational hatred for said object. That being said, I have held huge parts of myself hidden for fear that those most cherished things will be torn from my fingers. But well, I don't give a damn anymore.

So today's song is by The Weepies. One of my very favorite bands of all times. It's called "Can't Go Back Now" and it is one of the songs that was written just for me. It might as well be called "Can't Go Back Now, Meghan". So listen to it. But if you're one of those people, do NOT like it. Appreciate it. But don't you dare steal it. Or I promise, I will come over there and kick your butt.

No comments: