Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday Night Football


















Tillie geared up for the first Cowboys' game of the new season and was really excited by all the food present during the pregame show but by the time the game actually rolled around, she didn't find it very interesting. And I can't even talk about how upset I am about how it all went down. Freaking Redskins.























So I started working on this new quilt a few days ago but really messed up on the seam allowances and had to rip it apart and start over. I finally started putting it back together this afternoon and I'm glad I took the time to do all that because it looks so much better. And yes, Maggie, those are the same fabrics that I used for your quilt. I just really love the look of them together.























I am reading Beginner's Greek by James Collins. Its good so far but I'm only a few pages into it so I can't form much of an opinion. Here's a brief summary:

"When 27-year-old Peter Russell boards a cross-country flight to Los Angeles, he fully expects to sit next to the love of his life. As luck would have it, he sits next to Holly Edwards, with whom he falls in love instantly. A lost phone number leads to years of wondering "what if," until Peter's best friend Jonathan introduces him to his new girlfriend, who is of course the same Holly of Peter's dreams. After Jonathan and Holly marry, Peter settles down with Charlotte, a Francophile who Peter tries to tolerate, but mostly just evokes feelings of pity and hatred. Of course, as with any fairy tale, the possibility for a happy ending is never truly out of reach, and Beginner's Greek is chock full of twists and turns to keep the action going."

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: