Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My love letter to Thriftbooks

Spend Less, Read More.

[image here]


I've mentioned Thriftbooks.com many times (here, here, here and here) but I just can't say enough good things about them. Started in a storage unit in 2003, they buy used books and sell them online for amazingly low prices. They are the nation's largest online seller of used book. And they are starting to grow internationally. The headquarters in Washington carries five million used books in stock at any given time and processes an additional 100,000 books each day. And they've teamed up with smaller used book stores around the country to offer an even larger inventory. So not only can you find almost any book you're looking for at a ridiculously low price, but they also provide free shipping to anywhere in the U.S. They even sent me a discount coupon for my birthday. And as if that wasn't enough, they are doing great things to help save the planet. By selling used, they recycled 52 million books in 2010. That's 52 million books worth of paper saved from landfills.

I love Thriftbooks. I only buy used books now and almost exclusively from them (we have one local bookstore but it has nowhere near the inventory or prices). If you haven't checked them out yet, you definitely should.

No comments: