Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013: a year in review

It's the end of the year, folks. You know what that means. Time for a recap!


Tillie celebrated her 5th birthday in January.


I finally found the boots of my dreams (trust me, this is a bigger deal than you might think)


We dove head first into the wonderful (and delicious) world of juicing


We welcomed a new (to us) bookcase into our lives -- for super cheap!


We celebrated the 9th (!) anniversary of our first date.


We ran our first half marathon!


I jacked up my knee somehow and ended up having to see an orthopedist and have an MRI.


I registered and trained for the St. Jude's Marathon (if you helped my fundraising efforts, thank you!)

We celebrated Andrew's 30th birthday.


We celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary.


My 10-year high school reunion happened (see here and here).


We got open water scuba certified


We rejoined the world of smart phones (and then I promptly broke mine)


I ran a 14.1 race in Tuppelo, MS with the Hot Legs


Andrew spent a week at Dragon Con in Atlanta and met some of his favorite people


We found out we are expecting our first child next summer!



I finally finished that knitted blanket!


Andrew started his work as web developer with a fantastic company here in LR.

We also read a ton of books, ran a lot of races, and ate a lot of food. All in all, a pretty successful year.

It was also a really busy year for us. I wasn't really aware of just how much we did/changed this year until I went back and reflected. And while it may seem like a lot, next year is sure to bring even more. So, stay tuned!

No comments: