Tuesday, March 17, 2015

We love:

I was a Sesame Street kid. Or, am still, I guess. As the youngest kid of a stay-at-home mom, my preschool years were filled with solitary afternoons spent watching Sesame Street (and Mister Roger's Neighborhood). Being the only kid at home while everyone else was at school could get a little lonely but I had my Muppet friends to keep me company and spent many sunny days with those loving characters. Ernie was my first love but Big Bird might have been a close second. It was such a large part of my life, sometimes it feels like my whole childhood was just one long Sesame Street episode. That's how much I was into it.

So, imagine my excitement when I stumbled upon this documentary on Carroll Spinney, the man behind the bird. Prepare to be punched right in the feels.



Beautiful, right? I can't wait to watch it. And don't worry, I've already exposed M to Sesame Street, starting with the very first episode. None of that new crap, mind you. Elmo completely ruined everything.

No comments: