Sunday, December 27, 2009

12/27



This picture was taken today, 23 years ago. It was my 2nd birthday and my brother's 4th. This was always our tradition: share the day, share a party, share a cake. This year I have decided to start a new tradition: The Kindness Project.

If you didn't get the email and don't know what its all about, its basically a worldwide movement that encourages you to perform acts of kindness for strangers as a way to honor the memory of someone. Its a way for me to share my brother with all those who never got the chance to meet him.

So every year on our birthday, I'm going to participate by doing an anonymous act of kindness for someone and leave a little card behind so that they know that his life and death continue to matter. And I encourage you to join me. Not just on our birthday, but throughout the year, because every time you participate, you allow my brother to touch the world again.

For more information and ideas about what you can do, please visit http://missfoundation.org/kindness/index.html

No comments: