Thursday, November 29, 2012

Obsession:

I am kind of obsessed with Joy the Baker. Maybe more than kind of, if I'm being completely honest. I spend all day with her, listening to her podcasts while I work. She's great, she's hilarious, she makes the day go by quickly. And she's a pretty great baker. I found her recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Brownies and was dying to make them. I couldn't stop thinking about them. But I didn't have any pretzels and I'm too lazy to get myself over to the grocery store to buy any. So, I improvised. Hence, I present you with Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies (omission of one ingredient isn't really an improvisation, I know -- apparently I'm not that great of an improviser):


continue reading after the jump








The verdict: super delicious. Andrew isn't too big on anything too peanut buttery (crazy, I know) but he really liked these. They're rich but not too rich. Chewy but not gooey and under-cooked (like some brownies can be). And most importantly, they're nice and tall and really big hunks of brownie. Because tiny, crunchy, wafer-like brownies are for amateurs. You can't bring that weak stuff to the playground.

Feel like trying them yourself? Check out the recipe here. And be prepared to eat way more than you should. Because as far as peanut butter brownies go, these are pretty much perfect.

No comments: