Monday, November 5, 2012

Podcasts:


So, ever since we started listening to the Moby Dick podcasts, I've gotten really into the world of podcasts. I'm not really sure how I avoided them up to this point. But I've found some pretty good ones. And here they are:


  1. The JV Club with Janet Varney: This one is awesome because it's just a bunch of celebrities sitting around talking about what they were like in high school and their experiences with being normal teenagers. A nice listen.
  2. Joy the Baker: I really like this one from the woman who writes this blog. It's mostly about cooking/baking but there's a whole lot of other great stuff thrown in. They talk about nothing a lot of the time. And strangely their voices remind me of those ladies from that SNL Schweddy Balls sketch. Pretty entertaining, right? They are my fave. I am going back in the archive and listening to every single episode. Sidenote: the ladies are particularly funny in the Red Flags Part Deux episode (I think it's number 66 and it's dated 9/27/12). They start out talking about red flags but eventually it just becomes them venting about everything that drives them crazy. Hilarious. And EXACTLY. HOW. I. FEEL. That's all I can say without offending some people. Because I know some of you reading this have done the things they're talking about. But I love it. Definitely listen to this one.
  3. WTF with Marc Maron: This one's pretty funny. Lots of pop culture and funny interviews with celebrities. It makes me smile.

No comments: