Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Food, Glorious Food:

[photo]

I've had tarts on my mind lately. My good friend Joy the Baker suggested I try her Honey Almond Butter Chocolate Tart recipe. And since I've been looking for something new to debut at the Christmas potluck, I figured I'd test drive it.







The verdict: delicious. Andrew really loved it. I thought the dark chocolate ganache was too strong for my liking (and I adore dark chocolate). I'd make it again but I would either use only about 1/3 of the ganache or use milk chocolate instead. It was a touch too rich for my taste. I think altering the ganache would help with that. The rest of it was airy and light.

P.S. Did you catch the reference in the title of this post to my days as a small orphan boy in Oliver? That was just for you, Krit. "Just thinking of growing fat, our senses go reeling. One moment of knowing that full-up feeling."

No comments: