Tuesday, December 4, 2012

I love:


Let's talk about hair products for a minute. Now, I'm not that much of an expert when it comes to hair. I use a few products, yes, but I'm kind of hopelessly confused when it comes to doing anything with my hair Seriously, I struggle. So, I really like to wash and go. And sometimes not wash. Just go. But here are the things that I have used and had success with (all cruelty-free, of course):


  1. Avalon Organics Lavender Shampoo -- I use this almost every time I wash my hair. It is really gentle and smells good. Plus, we buy the large bottle with a pump and it last forever. Seriously, forever.
  2. Avalon Organics Lavender Conditioner -- see above.
  3. Organix Leave-In Nourishing Coconut Milk -- I really like trying all the different Organix products and this one is really great. It's all-natural, has a great smell, and especially during the winter keeps my hair from getting too dry and full of static.
  4. Say Yes to Carrots Anti-Frizz Serum -- my hair doesn't get really frizzy but I like to use this and know that it's one less thing I have to worry about. Plus it smells nice and gives my hair a little more texture.
  5. Organix Awapuhi Ginger Instant Recovery Mask -- I use this hair mask once a week to keep my hair soft and moisturized. It smells ah-maz-ing!
  6. Nexxus Maxximum Hair Spray -- the love of my hairspray life used to be L'Oreal Elnett but they test on animals so we no longer use them. And I haven't found a spray that I love as much. Right now we're trying this one. It's okay. Not my fave though. I miss my Elnett.
  7. Conair WideTooth Comb -- I run this through my hair after washing and applying product to detangle and evenly distribute things through my hair. Sometimes I will run it through dry hair. It's the closest thing I own to a brush.
  8. Chi ceramic flat iron -- I don't usually use heat tools but occasionally if my hair is especially out of control, I will run this through it to kind of calm things down. I use it more during cold weather months.
  9. Revlon RV544 hair dryer -- I did some research a while ago while shopping for hair dryers and came across this one. A lot of people were really into it so I tried it. And I really like it too. I don't use it that much, I prefer to let my hair air dry. But when I have drying needs, this is what I reach for. And apparently, I'm not alone. It's a thing. If you're in the market for a hair dryer, I highly recommend this one. I like to use the diffuser with it because I feel like it just dries my hair more naturally, you know?
  10. Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Blow Out Cream -- this is really great. I run it through my hair before I dry it and it keeps things looking awesome. It protects from heat and UV damage and I love it for that.
  11. Say Yes to Carrots Scalp Relief Shampoo -- My hair and scalp gets really dry in the winter and using this shampoo a few times a week keeps things under control. And it doesn't smell all medicated like so many scalp treatment shampoos do. It smells nice. Like citrus.

No comments: