Wednesday, April 3, 2013

New Reads:


This week I'm reading The Skin Type Solution by Leslie Baumann, M.D.

Baumann, a dermatologist in Miami, has come up with a series of questions based around your skin care routine, genetics, and habits. From your answers, she determines what type of skin you have, tells you how your skin reacts to different ingredients and environmental variables, and then offers some suggestions on skin care routines and products that would be most beneficial to you. She tells you which ingredients to look for when buying products and which to avoid, based on how your skin would react.

I am a DRPT skin type, which is dry, resistant, pigmented, and tight. Interesting because I thought I was sensitive but apparently not. If you answer the questionnaire, I'm sure you'll be surprised with the outcome as well.

I have really enjoyed reading this book. I feel like I've learned a lot and I have several things I'm going to discuss with my dermatologist.

I'm looking forward to trying some of the products she suggests to see if they are as beneficial as she says. I love trying new products and learning about all things dermatology-related. I think maybe I missed my calling. I should have gone into dermatology.

If you've been unhappy with the condition of your skin or the ineffectiveness of the products you're using, you might be using the wrong things. Check out this book, make the changes she suggests, and see if it's any different. Because if you're already unhappy with your skin, what have you got to lose?

No comments: