Monday, April 1, 2013

No-heat April:

[photo]
I've decided to take break from heat styling tools this month. That's right, no hair dryer, flat iron, or curling iron for the entire month of April. Not that I use them a lot anyway, especially once the weather gets warm. I really only use my hair dryer during the winter months (it's no fun going to bed with wet hair when it's so cold out) or when I'm in a hurry and can't wait for it to air dry. I occasionally use a curling iron to give my hair a little texture. And I can't remember the last time I used a flat iron. For the month of April, though, I'm putting them all away and declaring 31 days free from heat styling to give my hair a little break. I like to think of it as a mini-vacation for my head.

I'm not worried about what it will do to my hair because it's really thick and really straight. So, no matter what I do to it, there will be lots of body and minimal frizz. These days, I like going to sleep with my hair wet because it amps up whatever natural texture my hair may have in the morning. I like being able to just get up and go without having to do much to it. I'm a wash-and-go kind of girl. I'm not that big on styling products either, so this will be a nice break from them as well, I imagine.

Sometimes I do want to change it up though, and if I do during my heat-hiatus, I'll use one of these really great ideas from Sunnie Brook, makeup artist and hairstylist:


No comments: