Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Spring cleaning:

This weekend I spent a few hours with our laundry and had a marvelous time. Nerd alert: I really enjoy doing laundry. And any project that involves both the doing of the laundry and organization is right up my alley. Throw in a session with my garment steamer, and we're talking about my ideal Saturday night.

Andrew's dresser drawers have been in a state of chaos for a long time. It bothered me, sure, but I had been able to just shut them and forget about it. Out of sight, out of mind. Until recently, that is. Slowly things have started to overflow out of the drawers and into the room. On the floor, the trunk at the foot of our bed, doorknobs, etc. I could no longer remain blissfully ignorant.

So, I tackled them this weekend while he was out watching Jurassic Park in IMAX 3D with his college buddies.



A few hours and 3 drawer dividers later, I ended up with this. Easier to take inventory. Easier to put clothes away. Easier on the eyes.

Sometimes, I'll come up here and open his drawers, just to peek at all the glorious organization inside. It makes my heart happy.

No comments: