Thursday, May 1, 2014

May Day:

[photo]
It's the first of May, people. You know what that means -- it's May Day! Do you do anything fun to celebrate today? When I was a little kid, my friends and I would collect flowers from our mothers' flower beds (sorry, mom) and put them in little baskets to leave on our neighbors' doorsteps. Then we'd ding-dong-ditch them. It's a funny little memory -- just one of many weird notions I had as a child.

I can't believe it's already May! This is the month that will change our lives forever. It got here so quickly. I'm a little nervous, to be honest. But mostly ready to start this journey, I think.

So, Happy May Day, friends! Do something fun and outdoorsy today. Maybe a picnic dinner? Or an extra long walk through the park. And if you get a surprise bouquet on your doorstep, you can probably guess who it's from.

No comments: