Monday, May 5, 2014

New reads:


This week I'm reading The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. It's been on my reading list for a while and I finally got around to picking it up this weekend. I borrowed it from a friend at work who was nice enough to lend it to me when I casually mentioned in passing that I was interested in it. I know it's being made into a movie but honestly, I'm probably not ever going to watch the movie. So, I'm reading it.

Here's the gist:

"Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.

Insightful, bold, irreverent, and raw, The Fault in Our Stars is award-winning author John Green's most ambitious and heartbreaking work yet, brilliantly exploring the funny, thrilling, and tragic business of being alive and being in love."

Have you read it? Did you like it? Call me crazy, but something tells me this story is going to be sad. And probably won't end happy. I'll give it a chance... but I'm just calling it now.

No comments: