Thursday, October 16, 2014

You got this:

The Honest Company, a brand I love for so many different household products, is doing some great things out there. Besides donating to families in need, they've started an online community where mothers can go for support. They made a series of videos called You Got This -- videos where real moms sit down and discuss those nagging little thoughts and doubts that you have but feel like you can never voice. And trust me, I really needed to hear these things this week. Maybe you do too.











They're fantastic and beautiful and I loved watching them. Already I'm finding that motherhood can be so isolating. A lot of the time I feel that needing help makes me seem weak and admitting I have insecurities and doubts makes me, in some way, inadequate or less of a mom. I'm still trying to figure this whole thing out, who I am now, and how this new role will fit into my life. It's hard and worrying about making mistakes and being judged by others, especially other moms, shouldn't even be a thing we concern ourselves with. It's time to turn things around and help motherhood to be this great unifier -- automatic access to a support system of awesome women who can help us when we need advice, a shoulder to cry on, or just someone to tell us that we're doing a good job.

Share these lovely videos with the mothers in your life. And know that you're doing a fantastic job. You got this.

No comments: