Friday, January 16, 2015

Happy weekend:

[photo]

Thank goodness it's Friday! This week has felt ridiculously long -- like the universe was playing some kind of sick joke on me. You know those weeks where you just can't seem to get it together? Or, maybe you just don't really even feel like trying? The biggest accomplishment you can muster is getting out of bed every morning (and not even on time). This week was that kind of week. I've been staying up late every night trying to finish a baby blanket for a friend's shower this weekend and I have been exhausted every morning because of it. I've turned up the intensity on my workouts in order to get something that resembles abs back and consequently have been dealing with a sore body on top of everything else. And M has been improving in the solids-eating department so I'm ready for these night wakings/feedings to go away.

Enough complaining though. It could be worse. And I am thankful for the weekend, even if all it means is that I get a few extra naps and snuggles with a babe. I'll take it.

I have a Monday off (hooray for state holidays!) so this is a three-day weekend for me. I'm looking forward to getting some things done around the house, extra family time, and a short week next week.

Have a great one, friends!

No comments: