Tuesday, January 27, 2015

New reads:


This week I'm reading The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion. Like the book, I'm going to make this short and sweet. 

It's about a guy who I'm pretty sure has Asperger's Syndrome. He's very smart and very methodical but just a little socially lacking. He's made rules to help him deal with life and up until the beginning of the novel, it worked very well for him. He decides though that he'd like to get married but every women he's ever met is lacking the missing the qualities he's after. So, he invents a survey in order to weed out the unlikelies and find his perfect "candidate". By accident he meets a woman who is the complete opposite of what he looking for and through helping her with a project of her own, realizes that he may have been wrong to make such strict requirements when it comes to love.

It's cute, it's short, it's predictable. I probably would never have picked it up on my own but it was this month's book club selection. I'm glad I did. I found it enjoyable.

It's also #4 (a book your friend loves) on my list of books to read in 2015. You can read more about that challenge here.

No comments: