Thursday, May 9, 2013

Skincare faves:


Last week I shared my daytime skincare routine. Today, I bring you my picks for pm. I use more products in the evening because as you sleep, your skin regenerates and heals itself. So I really pile on the products because I feel like this is when they are the most beneficial.


For night:

  1. Bioderma Crealine H20 Makeup Remover ($21.87) -- this is such a great makeup remover, it has a cult following. And for good reason. It's really mild and gentle, doesn't strip your skin or leave it tight and dry, and removes even the most stubborn of makeup. The only down side? It's impossibly hard to find in the U.S. Amazon is your best bet.
  2. Expert Sensitive Gentle Smoothing Scrub ($5.79) -- I have loved Boots ever since we discovered them in Ireland. Now their products are available in the U.S. (at Target). I love this scrub because it's moisturizing, it doesn't foam (a big no-no for very dry skin), and the scrubbing beads are round and smooth so it exfoliates without irritating.
  3. Skin Perfecting 8% AHA Gel Exfoliant ($19.95) -- I use this exfoliant every other night to exfoliate the surface of my skin, improve texture, and keep it looking fresh. Sometimes it stings a little, but only for a moment.
  4. Resist Dark Spot Eraser 7% AHA Lotion ($19.95) -- Because I have highly-pigmented skin (weird, I know, considering I am so fair), I sometimes get dark spots on my face regardless of sunscreen use. I use this lotion to fade any discoloration that I may have. If I go through a whole bottle of this and can't get get rid of it, I get the good prescription-strength stuff from my dermatologist. Just an FYI though: don't use this in combination with any products containing benzoyl peroxide -- the hydroquinone, when introduced to the benzoyl peroxide can can a dark staining on the skin.
  5. Resist Super Antioxidant Serum ($26.95) -- I use this morning and night after cleansing and before moisturizing. It is full of really great stuff that makes my skin happy. It repairs damage already done to my skin and helps protect it from further damage. And it feels so silky on my skin. I use it on my face, neck, and chest.
  6. RX Tretinoin -- I use a prescription retinoid cream that my dermatologist recommended. Just a pea-sized amount is enough to cover the entire face and one tiny tube lasts forever. It doesn't dry out my already dry skin and helps keep me looking young -- and everyone knows that is my #1 goal.
  7. Say Yes to Grapefruit Dark Circle Correcting Eye Cream ($15.99) -- This stuff smells so great. And I really do think it's helping, even if only a little. It's definitely not hurting. I haven't found an eye cream that I like better, so for now, this is what I'm using. 
  8. Skin Recovery Replenishing Moisturizer ($19.95) -- This is a really nice basic moisturizer. It helps repair the moisture barrier in skin, which is really important to those of us with naturally dry skin. And it's packed full of antioxidants that fight free-radicals. You know I love antioxidants. I can't get enough.

No comments: