Thursday, May 2, 2013

Skincare faves:

Last year, I did a skincare post with my favorite products to use. I thought I had my routine down. And then I read this book and it changed my life. And then I found this website and it changed my life even more. Since I last updated, my routine has changed completely. It's more streamlined and simplified. And in the morning, when I'm rushing to get ready and out the door on time, simplified is a wonderful thing.

Take a look at the break down after the jump:



So, I've kind of become obsessed with Paula's Choice, a skincare line from Paula Begoun, author of Don't Go to the Cosmetic Counter Without Me and The Original Beauty Bible. On her website, she has a database of all her product reviews of other brands as well. I've found it very beneficial to check her site before trying a new product. She will let you know which products work best. And she's not just promoting her own line, which is great, by the way. Sometimes she likes a different product more, and she isn't afraid to let you know. I find it refreshing.

All her products have been clinically tested (you can see the research on her site), are free of harmful ingredients, and are not tested on animals. I really can't say enough good things her line.

I've been slowly swapping out some of my old products for her line. Here is what I'm loving at the moment:

For day:

  1. Moisture Boost One Step Facial Cleanser ($15.95) -- I have dry skin and this cleanser really helps with that. There is no foaming and it does a great job of getting all my nighttime products off my face without stripping my skin or making it feel tight or dry. Plus, the small bottle (8 oz) lasts forever.
  2. Resist Super Antioxidant Serum ($26.95) -- I use this morning and night after cleansing and before moisturizing. It it full of really great stuff that makes my skin happy. It repairs damage already done to my skin and helps protect it from further damage. And it feels so silky on my skin. I use it on my face, neck, and chest.
  3. Say Yes to Grapefruit Dark Circle Correcting Eye Cream (15.99) -- This stuff smells so great. And I really do think it's helping, even if only a little. It's definitely not hurting. I haven't found a eye cream that I like better so for now, this is what I'm using.
  4. Blue Lizard SPF 30+ Daily Face Moisturizer ($12.89) -- I love love love Blue Lizard sunscreen. On any given day, I am usually wearing at least 2-3 different kinds, all layered on top of each other. I always use this one first, as my daily facial moisturizer. Free of parabens and all that junk, it's packed with antioxidants and offers unbeatable sun protection. It's never gunky, doesn't leave my face feeling oily or dry, and doesn't have that very distinct sunscreen smell. It's a wonderful base layer.
Look for my nighttime picks next week.

No comments: