Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Grownup sleep uniform:

Confession: I am 30 years old and still sleeping in old pajama pants and t-shirts from college. They're comfortable but frumpy and gross. So, I finally decided to update my sleep uniform to something a little more grownup. Yes, I'm aware it took me way too long to get to this point. Yes, I'm a little embarrassed to admit this.

But here comes the fun part: shopping! I wanted something that is loose and comfortable (like my grungy pjs of old) while looking mature and put together. I wanted it to be something that I wouldn't be totally embarrassed by if I had to leave the house while wearing it. It had to be something that, later on, wouldn't embarrass my kids either. 

Of course, I immediately turned to Everlane, one of my favorite sources for comfortable shirts. They have so many great options and are reasonably priced. I have been a fan of theirs for years (see here).

I'm loving:

  1. The Cotton Tank ($18)
  2. The Cotton Drop-Shoulder Tee ($22)
  3. The Ryan Long Sleeve ($30)
I love these three different styles so I'm covered no matter the season. Don't they just scream "snuggle up with a tea and a good book"? So comfortable. Plus, I love Everlane's belief in radical transparency. They believe in being honest about every step of their manufacturing process, the factories that make their products, and the real cost of production. I appreciate a clothing company's dedication to doing what's right and I'm proud to support them. 

I'm thinking of pairing them with these:


Such an improvement, right? Look at me all grown up. Funny, it took updating my sleepwear, not getting married, buying a house, or having a kid, to feel like grownup.

No comments: