Sunday, February 13, 2011

Creative Corner

Remember that empty space that I talked about filling a little while ago? Well, it's filled. Done. Check. We were DIY rock stars this weekend and got started early on the spring cleaning/projects. We knocked out so many items that have been sitting on our To-Do list for months now. Including taking this once bare dormer space from this:


To this:



Pretty, right? Not that much of a transformation, I know, but we didn't want to change a space that wasn't really ours (paint, etc). So this is perfect for our needs: doing homework, reading, and scrapbooking. It even transitions nicely into a sewing table:


We are still in search of a cool chair. Preferably something old(ish). And cheap. We found one this afternoon that we loved but still haven't made up our minds. And I know exactly what kind of lamp/lighting I want but can't seem to find it anywhere. Well, anywhere in my price range. I refuse to pay over $300 for a lamp (yes, I'm talking to you, Anthropologie). Here is what I'm after:


But we're in no real rush for any of that so we will take our time hunting it all down.

Stay tuned this week -- we've got a few more fun projects to share with you.


No comments: