Thursday, March 21, 2013

New makeup:

Disclaimer: This is a post about makeup, so all you guys out there may just want to go ahead and scroll on down.

For the past few months, I've been using Urban Decay's Naked foundation. I've been pretty happy with it. No real complaints. I liked that the company had such a firm stance on animal testing. And then I did some research (my need to research things to death is the source of all my problems, I'm convinced). Apparently, when China passed the law requiring cosmetic companies to undergo animal testing in order to sell products in their country, Urban Decay decided to jump on the bandwagon. And then the rest of the world got super upset. So they rethought their decision. And things were good for a while. But I just read that they were recently bought out by L'Oreal -- a large cosmetic company that uses animal testing. And it just bummed me out.

I still had about half a bottle left though, so I just decided to wait it out -- until my bottle fell off the bathroom counter, broke, and leaked out all over the floor. Suddenly, I was in the market for foundation again. I did tons of research (about 1.5 weeks of it, actually) before I finally landed on La Bella Donna Ultimate Pure Perfection liquid mineral foundation. And here's why:

  1. They don't test on animals
  2. It's made with natural ingredients like fruit extracts (cucumber, fig, etc.) and spices (thyme, rosemary, etc.), so I can feel good about putting it on my skin
  3. It's got aloe so it's very moisturizing and gentle
It's a little pricey ($58 for 1 oz.) but a little goes a long way (for me at least) so one bottle lasts for a while. And it covers so well that I don't really need to use anything else. It really sinks in as opposed to just sitting there on my face so it feels like I'm not really wearing anything at all. And I like that. I hate the feeling of wearing makeup. And the glow. Oh, the glow. I love a good glow and this stuff does not disappoint.

I've been wearing it for a few weeks now and have started to see an improvement in my complexion, even when I'm not wearing it. I breakout less. I have less hyper-pigmentation. I'm not sure if it's the new makeup or not. It may just be a happy coincidence. But I'm pretty happy.

La Bella Donna is available at DermStore, if you're interested. And they offer free express shipping and a 100% color guarantee, so you really can't lose.




No comments: