Thursday, January 17, 2013

Comfort food:

This week has been really cold. So cold that I've dumped my weekday runs in favor of pajamas, blankets, and warm mugs of tea.  I feel a little guilty about being negligent to my training but the upside is I've had more time to cook in the evening. The other night, when deciding what I wanted to make for dinner, I was cruising Joy the Baker's blog (my obsession is reaching dangerous levels, I know) and stumbled upon her recipe for polenta. I had never made polenta before but it looked too delicious to pass up. So, baked polenta with tomato and basil it was.


Read more after the jump!





Have you ever made polenta before? I had never even heard of it before Joy brought it to my attention but I'm so glad she did because, oh my, was it delicious. I would describe it as something like Italian grits. Except I wouldn't because I hate grits and that wouldn't sound appealing to me at all. It might not to you either, but don't let my description scare you off because it is definitely worth a try. A perfect blend of textures and flavors, I found it really simple to make. I did have to bake it for almost twice as long as it called for but in the end it was worth it. Super satisfying. So, if you're in the mood for something creamy and comforting, this is it. I dare you to stop yourself from eating the entire pan. 

You can find the recipe here

P.S. This is making me laugh today:






No comments: