Friday, January 18, 2013

Happy Weekend:


Happy Friday, everyone! I'm not going to lie, this week has been a little miserable. It has been so intensely cold here. And bleak. And icy. Even with the boot fiasco of 2013 (kidding) behind me, I can't seem to shake this lonesome, grey feeling. This is what they call the winter blues, isn't it? Maybe I am suffering from a lack of vitamin D. 

Anyway, we will be spending our weekend like this: running (10 miles, yikes!), sleeping, eating, and reading. And that's it. Absolutely nothing else. I've figured out that sometimes, when you're feeling the way that I am, the best cure isn't to try to fill your life with sunshine and daisies to snap yourself out of it; the best thing you can do is just submit to it. Let it take you under and ride it, like an undertow. Eventually, it will spit you out someplace new. And let me tell you something else; the ride isn't half bad either.

Have a great weekend, people. Try and stay warm out there!

No comments: