Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Emerson Fry:

I have a well-documented love affair with Emerson Fry (see here and here) but as much as I've talked about, wished for, and lusted over the pieces in every single collection, I didn't own any. I've always had a hard time justifying paying that much for a single piece of clothing. I just could never seem to pull the trigger. Until now. I am now a proud card-carrying member of the Emerson Fry fan club. Remember my rant about the perfect skinny jeans yesterday? Well, with Emerson Fry, I have finally found the perfect pair of wide leg jeans as well. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the vintage highrise:




They're having a huge sale right now on their remaining inventory, in preparation of their 2013 Spring/Summer collection. So, that definitely swayed my decision. And while it's still more than I normally pay for a pair of jeans, after reading the book Overdressed: The Shockingly High Cost of Cheap Fashion, I've made it a priority to make smart buying decisions and only purchase high-quality clothing made in the USA. Emerson Fry started out as one lady on a farm, making small quantities of clothing, and selling them online. Now, she's got a studio in NYC and the entire internet world is girl-crushing on her. But she still has a hand in the design and construction processes. And all her clothes are made in NYC, so I feel good about supporting her label. You should too.

In my denim dream world, I would own only two pairs of jeans: the world's-best skinny jeans (still yet to be determined) and these. They are that beautiful. And insanely flattering.



No comments: