Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day



I figured today would be a good day to check on our peonies that I planted a few weeks ago. Just ignore the shape of our flower beds (the whole porch area is a work in progress). But, look how much they are growing! Pretty soon they will be tall and pink and gorgeous. And I am excited.

I have decided to become almost a vegetarian. And not because I think it's wrong to eat meat -- I love a good hamburger almost as much as I love shoes and purses. I just think it's a lot healthier to eat more fruits and veggies. And the meat that I do eat will be white meat. Maybe I'll have red meat once or twice a month, as a treat or something. Sound good? It's a good thing I'm not a huge fan of meat to start with. I am setting up a nutrition plan and will be implementing the things Andrew learns in his classes. I'll let you know how it goes. Feel free to jump on the healthy train though.

Happy Earth Day! I hope you did something good for the environment today!

No comments: