Saturday, April 25, 2009

I have become obsessed with gardening



As a kid, I used to think my mom was weird because she spent so much time out in the yard planting, pruning, and watering. And now here I am doing the same thing. And I actually really enjoy it. I planted some beautiful flowers in the planters that hang on our porch railings. And I planted more out front in an old pot of my mother's that I brought back to life with a little white spray paint. The older I get, the more I find myself becoming like my mother. And unlike other people I know, I'm actually okay with that.

We decided to have a garage sale at the end of May. That gives us an opportunity to get rid of some of the stuff we have lying around here that we never use. And we can make a little extra cash. We are holding it in conjunction with my parents. It will be a major undertaking but I think it will be good for all of us. Every now and then you just kind of have to let go of some things, slough off the excess, and start fresh. And I think that's something I really need in my life right now.

No comments: