Friday, June 26, 2009

Cobh


Today we took the train to Cobh (pronounced Cove). This small coastal town was the last port of call for the Titanic before it sank on it's maiden voyage across the Atlantic. We visited the museum and walked around and looked at shops. And I fed a dog my sandwich in the park.

When we got back, we went to dinner at a Thai restaurant. I tried it and I actually found something that I liked. I can't tell you what it was because I can't pronounce it, but it was pretty good. You all would have been so proud of me for trying something different.

After dinner we went out with Sophia to a few pubs. The plan was to go around to a few with her and then she would change out with Kevin and we would spend the rest of the night with him. But when she went back so he could go out, he was already asleep. I guess we were having too much fun and stayed out later than he anticipated so he fell asleep waiting. But Sophia came back and we went to one more before heading home for tea and toast. Lots of good drinks and lots of good conversation.

Pubbing has been one of the best parts of this trip. I have never been a really big drinker but I have really enjoyed all the pubs. The people are great and loads of fun to be around. I hope everyone gets to experience an authentic pub in a little Irish town at least once in their lives. It really is the greatest thing.

No comments: