Thursday, June 25, 2009

The gift of gab



Today we went to Blarney, about 20 minutes away, and toured Blarney Castle. It was probably the coolest castle I have been to. And we got to kiss the Blarney Stone at the top to receive the gift of eloquence. I'm pretty sure I was born with the gift of gab but it was neat to be able to do it and have the pictures to prove it. And for some of you that are wondering, no, I did not spray the stone with Lysol before I did it. Pictures are up on facebook. Take a look.

We went out pubbing tonight and it was fun. I discovered 4 new pubs that I had not been to yet. And we were sitting at the Castle Inn pub when we heard the news that Michael Jackson died. Everyone is already saying that its kind of like the Kennedy assassination -- that you'll never forget where you were when you heard the news. Well, we were sitting in a pub in Ireland. That should make for a fun story to tell the kids. Farrah Fawcett died this morning and then MJ and now we are getting news that Jeff Goldblum died as well. It is crazy. What is going on in the world?


No comments: