Thursday, April 3, 2014

Nursery updates:

We finally got around the starting on the nursery. It's slow going but at lease we're finally moving.

Our first weekend in the new house, we took the crib and mattress out of their boxes and got to work putting it all together.

We started the morning off right: with a dozen donuts -- because, you know, priorities.

Then we got to work on assembling the crib. Andrew did most of the work and I assisted. Tillie helped too. When it was all together, I added one of the sheets I made earlier and stood back to admire our handiwork.

Then we broke out some paint (no-VOC paint from Sherwin Williams color matched to Valspar's Polished Silver) and a few hours later, it looked like this:

We've got a few more updates to make in this room, including moving the dresser in, making a crib skirt, and hanging some artwork. I'm still on the lookout for the perfect rug and a few other items. We'll keep you posted on how the room progresses though. 

No comments: