Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I Love:


As promised, here are my favorite makeup products. I don't use them all together or even every day, but of everything I have tried, these are my faves. There isn't a lot of variety in the brands I use, but I know these companies use natural products and are passionate about the use of animal testing, so I feel good about supporting them. And their products happen to be some of my favorite out there. Win win.

Read more after the jump!



I really only wear makeup during the week (I like to be bare-faced and give my skin time to breathe on the weekends), so here are my weekday makeup picks:
  1. Josie Maran Argan Matchmaker Serum Foundation ($42) -- I love Josie Maran. And this foundation is great. Lightweight, natural-looking, and very moisturizing. This provides just the right amount of coverage without feeling like you're wearing makeup (I also really like Urban Decay's Naked foundation).
  2. bareMinerals SPF 15 Original Foundation ($27) -- Sometimes I just want to wear a mineral foundation. This one is the best I've ever tried. It covers beautifully, doesn't look cakey, and has SPF. Plus, I feel like it's very reasonably priced. 
  3. RMS Beauty "Un" Cover Up ($36) -- This concealer is expensive, yes, but so worth it! It is lightweight, it doesn't settle into fine lines, and really brightens up the circles under my eyes. Sometimes, especially on weekends, I'll just use this on my face where I need a little coverage and nothing else. It's beautiful.
  4. Urban Decay Naked Palette ($50) -- Urban Decay is my go-to for eye makeup. I wear them almost exclusively. The Naked Palette is pretty expensive but it's actually 12 eyeshadows and a brush. I've had mine for well over a year and it's still going strong. I love the lighter neutral colors for day and will use the darker ones as liner or for evening. If you use a little of the Primer Potion, it seriously lasts all day.
  5. Say Yes to Carrots Sweet Fig Lip Butter with SPF 15 ($3) -- I use this lip balm every day before I go running and it lasts through my entire workout. And no chapped lips! Plus, it smells yummy.
  6. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Lip Pencil ($19) -- I only use a lip pencil when I use a lip gloss (which isn't very often as I prefer a stain), but when I do, this is it. I put it on over my entire lip and then put the gloss on over it. It keeps things in place and makes the color last longer.
  7. Tarte Cheek Stain ($30) -- Just like with lip color, I prefer a cheek stain. The color lasts longer, really soaks into the skin, and looks and feels really natural. Plus, you end up using less product so one tube lasts forever.
  8. Tarte Lipsurgence Lip Tint ($24) -- A long-lasting lip stain that doesn't feel heavy or sticky. Most of the time I can't even tell I'm wearing it. It's like eating a Popsicle and staining your lips. I love adored and pouty, but really, all of the colors are beautiful.
  9. Josie Maran Natural Volume Lip Gloss ($20) -- It's just a really nice gloss. Not sticky at all. And it looks really lovely over a lip pencil.
  10. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Shadow Pencil ($20) --  These shadow pencils come in the same colors that are in the Naked Palette, so if you have that you may not need these, but I do a lot of traveling so it's nice to only bring along one or two colors instead of the whole palette. They go on really easy and are really pigmented, so I only need to put a little bit on. The sin shade is my favorite. I wear it everyday.
  11. Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! ($19) -- The only mascara I will ever use. Seriously. Stays put all day long. No crumbling, no raccoon eyes. No clumping or spider lashes during application. Just nice, full, natural looking lashes. And it comes off easily with a little makeup remover. It's my absolute fave!
  12. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil ($19) -- I don't use a lot of eyeliner because my lashes are pretty full and dark, but this is the one I like when I do use it. I have a problem with eye makeup staying put all day because my eyes are a little deep set, but I've never had a problem with this. It comes in a ton of colors so you can mix it up. Crash is my favorite.


No comments: