Monday, October 1, 2012

Juice Beauty:

I've always been really cautious about what I put into my body but when Andrew and I became vegetarians, our whole outlook on food changed. We no longer view food as something that should be eaten because  it tastes good (okay, sometimes we do) but as fuel that our bodies need to perform at their peak. It's great. I love eating this way. We will never go back. But this new lifestyle has changed our lives in other ways as well.

Read more after the jump.




More than ever, we are aware of the mistreatment of animals. We've taken a pretty strict stance on animal testing. We vote with our dollars and boycott the companies and products that use or support animal testing to let them know that it is not okay. Because it really isn't okay. We feel very strongly about this.

Another thing I've been made aware of is what I put on my body. There are certain products or brands that I won't use because of where they stand on the animal testing issue. But lately I'm more aware of the ingredients in the products I use and their quality. 60% of what's put on the skin is absorbed into the body. So, if there are chemicals in the products I use that are dangerous or unhealthy, I am absorbing those toxins into my body through my skin. That seriously scares me. So, I've been looking for a healthy alternative. And I think I've found it.



Juice Beauty is a line of beauty and skincare products made from 100% organic all-natural ingredients. And by all-natural ingredients, I mean fruits and vegetables. Seriously, I took a look at the ingredients of two different products: fruit juices, honey, plant oils, sugar cane, and vitamins. They donate to various charities including the San Francisco Breast Cancer Fund and Conservation International. Juice Beauty makes all their products in the USA with US grown ingredients using solar power and they are firmly against animal testing. I think I'm in love.



So I've been using Juice for a couple weeks now and I really like it a lot. The Cleansing Milk is really great with my Clarisonic and makes my skin feel really soft and clean. And the Antioxidant Serum helps repair my skin from the damage of sun and other free radicals. I've got no complaints really. Now I'm not really sure if their products perform better than other companies but if I had to choose between two different but equal companies to support, one that uses harsh chemicals and animal testing, and one that uses all-natural ingredients (the same types of things that are in my diet) and is socially and environmentally conscious, I'd choose the second one. Every time.



So, the next time you're low on moisturizer, face wash, shampoo, or even make up, consider trying Juice Beauty. Shipping is always free on orders over $50 and their shipping is really fast. I get most of my orders within about 2-3 days. And seeing that little green box in my mailbox always makes me happy.

No comments: