Sunday, August 16, 2009

An eventful uneventful day


We pretty much did nothing today but somehow we were busy.

Andrew worked this morning and I ran errands with my mom. Then we watched Mamma Mia making it the 4th time I have watched that movie in two days. Had Sonic for lunch and they gave me a hamburger instead of a grilled chicken sandwich. How do you mess something like that up so badly?

When Andrew came home, we grabbed dinner @ American Pie Pizza and hung out. He had a meeting to go to for work so while he was gone I finally got to watch the 2009 U.S. National women's gymnastics competition. It was incredible. I will probably watch it a bunch more times so its a good thing I recorded it. Nastia Liukin was fabulous, of course. I'm pretty sure we could be friends.

There are two new gymnasts that I am really excited to see more of: Rebecca Bross and Ivana Hong. I definitely think these girls will make the U.S. World's team. And I think that we will probably even see them at the Olympics in 2012.

I'm just going to go ahead and call it now -- the 2012 U.S. Women's gymnastics team:

Nastia Liukin
Rebecca Bross
Ivana Hong
Kytra Hunter
Chellsie Memmel
Sam Shapiro
Bridget Sloan
Alicia Sacramone

Now that I'm older, looking back, I wish I had never quit gymnastics. I wish I had stayed with it. I wish I had competed more. I think I could have been great. I had all the passion and drive of an Olympic gymnast. I still do.

No comments: