Monday, August 10, 2009

I get by with a little help from my friends... and delicious desserts



Today, I met my boss and we went down to the unemployment office. We spent 5 hours sitting in that effing waiting room. It was one of the most horrible days of my life. I never want to do that again. Awful. Just awful. And perfectly unnecessary.

When we got done, we went to Panera to eat because we had been there since 11 and hadn't had anything to eat. So we grabbed some food and then I headed home. Andrew and I went to Kroger and picked up the ingredients to make an amazing fruit parfait dish that I learned how to make this weekend at Laura's. And yes, it was delicious. Thank you Laura's mom.

Kat came over and we chatted and caught up. It was fun talking about everything that has been going on and plans that we have for the future.

And Kristin, I missed your call this evening but I absolutely LOVED the song that you left me on my voicemail. It made me smile on a day that I really needed it.

I need to run. But I can't get motivated.

No comments: